Thursday, November 16, 2023

Closing out a year of arrowhead hunting.

It has been several month since I found anything. After walking and walking, hour after hour, it is always a bit of a shock when the piece of the universe you happen to be looking at happens to contain the thing you are looking for. 
From coastal RI.
 
Update: I spent long hours yesterday looking at parts of the universe that did not contain arrowheads. You don't really look for arrowheads - arrowheads happen. You just hope to be there when they do.

3 comments :

Chris Pittman said...

Awesome find

Chris Pittman said...

Peter, I would argue that you do look for arrowheads. This is the essence of the pursuit- the looking part. The finding part is not guaranteed.

pwax said...

I think that is what I mean. You do the looking and put in the hours. Chance favors the diligent but the "finding" is an event beyond my control.