Monday, May 14, 2007

A site with tumbled down rock piles

Every rock in sight here is part of a rock pile. You might easily walk past without noticing. If a picture is worth a thousand words then I have already used up the thousand words. Anyway this is another rock pile site of the type I call "marker pile" (evenly spaced and in lines). I thought I would wander over to the northwest shoulder of a hill in a neighborhood where all the other major hills have piles on their northwestern sides. Sure enough this collection of tumbled downs was right where it was supposed to be. There were lines in several different directions and I could not locate any common point from which one could look down more than one line.

There were some beautiful moments:

This is what a pretty old site looks like. But there were several piles on rocks which had been drilled and (I think) blasted apart, so the piles were more recent than whenever that happened.

No comments :