Monday, October 29, 2007

More on Red Stones and Prayer Seats in Foxborough State Forest

Reader Keith writes in:
When I saw that brick red stone in Normans photos of Foxborough I remembered that there was also one in a 'prayer seat' here. I knew this rock was odd, it stood out, I have not found another one around here. I knew it had some kind of connection to this seat here. Also, the shape of the Foxborough 'prayer seat' area is exactly like the one I have here. (A large enclosed area with the seat at the far end) I am unable to take a complete photo of the whole seat because much of it is under heavy debris and leaf mould but I can distinctly see the same shaped outline!
I was very excited to have seen that link to one of my local piles!

4 comments :

pwax said...

An interesting observation being brought out by Larry Harrop, Norman, and now Keith. I'll try to keep a lookout for red rocks in prayer seats.

Anonymous said...

Where is reader Keith located? When he refers to "here," I assume it is not Foxboro.

Norman

Anonymous said...

Mendon, Ma.- sorry
I should visit Foxborough again to see those sites!
Keith

pwax said...

(Years Later) I note the red rock is blocking off the opening of the "seat". I see this often enough to think it was part of the ritual.