Sunday, November 11, 2007

Georgia State Botanical Garden Rock Piles.

"...He shared with me some sites he feels are worth fighting for and, in passing, mentioned a particularly interesting site that has been preserved for many years: the rock piles out at the State Botanical Garden. “Rock piles? What's 'at? Like Andy Goldsworthy’s eco-art?” I said. “Far from it,” he replied. “They’re one of the most fascinating things in Georgia that nobody’s ever bothered to really study, at least as far as I know. And that’s probably why they’re still there....”
[Click here for the whole article]

And a letter of response [Click here]

2 comments :

Tim MacSweeney said...

Did you notice the link to the journal with "The Rock Pile Problems"?: http://www.thesga.org/Historic%20Rock%20Pilings.pdf

pwax said...

Tim: No I did not. I'll read it when I get a chance. Thanks.
Peter