Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A rock pile marking a boundary

At one hilltop I visited last weekend I found an isolated pile with a standing stone. I know for a fact that this hilltop is the corner of a property - on my topo it is a corner of one small piece of Leominster State Forest.
If I did not know this was a boundary corner, I might have compared this to the piles with standing "manitou" stones we saw last week from Norman Muller. Note the blue tags on the tree behind:
There was even a hint of quartz in the pile - someone added a couple of pieces.
Nice even though not ceremonial:

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Is there a pecked inscription on the standing stone?

Norman

pwax said...

I did not notice but, now that you mention it, it looks like a "P" which might relate to the town of Princeton.