Saturday, September 19, 2009

Back of Flagg Hill - Stowe MA

All those Stowe conservation lands have sites in them. It is part of the "never disappoints" area south and west of here. I realized I had never been into the southern part of this conservation land, so I went to take a look. I entered via the southern entrance on West Acton Rd, south of Thistle Farm. Everybody makes rock piles and there are some modoern ones on the trail. But heading west, there is peculiar area of very large piles that could have been from some kind of tidy rock disposal, or some old types of structures I am not aware of, or something. So I have strong doubts about the nature of these piles. But interesting anyway and worth noting:
These are pretty nice rock piles:But there was something suspicious about them. For example, dirt on top of the boulder is not right:I leave it as an exercise for the reader to find the other more substantial sites in there.

No comments :