Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I got a rock pile article published

The title is: A Context for Studying Rock Piles in Massachusetts appearing in the Fall 2012 issue of the Bulletin of the Massachusetts Archaeological Society. In it, I give my best arguments for why the most common types of structured rock pile site must be Native American. (1) There are common site types ; and (2) There is nothing comparable to them in Europe.

Anyway, I hope you'll join me in feeling good that a rock piles discussion appears in a more mainstream archeology journal. Of course with Curt Hoffman as the editor, great things are possible.

3 comments :

Tim MacSweeney said...

Alright Peter!

Chris Pittman said...

That's big news. Congratulations.

Norman said...

Congratulations, Peter! With your contribution, I get the feeling that we are now begining to break down the wall of denial that the Indians did not construct with stone.