Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I got a rock pile article published

The title is: A Context for Studying Rock Piles in Massachusetts appearing in the Fall 2012 issue of the Bulletin of the Massachusetts Archaeological Society. In it, I give my best arguments for why the most common types of structured rock pile site must be Native American. (1) There are common site types ; and (2) There is nothing comparable to them in Europe.

Anyway, I hope you'll join me in feeling good that a rock piles discussion appears in a more mainstream archeology journal. Of course with Curt Hoffman as the editor, great things are possible.


Tim MacSweeney said...

Alright Peter!

Chris Pittman said...

That's big news. Congratulations.

Norman said...

Congratulations, Peter! With your contribution, I get the feeling that we are now begining to break down the wall of denial that the Indians did not construct with stone.