Friday, June 10, 2016

Rock Pile in Ontario CA

From a reader in CA:
I live in eastern Ontario and have a cottage on a lake [at the tag end of the Canadian shield] in the County Central Frontenac. I went for a walk in the woods, it was once farm land and who knows what before that and came across a rock pile that held my interest. 
No homes had been built anywhere near the area in the decades I've been in the area so I questioned why such a big rock pile would have been created in the middle of trees.  It has nagged at me so this spring before the foliage came along I took a pic. I have attached it to get your opinion. 
I understand that it is a difficult thing to determine if it is something legit by a pic but it feels like it means something, I just don't know what.  I have not disturbed the pile except to clear some leaves for size and context. I would like to learn more about rock piles and their significance. There are a couple other smaller piles in the woods, near each other.

Where could I find the aboriginal history of the area?
I appreciate any help or guidance you might offer.

2 comments :

pwax said...

Looks pretty structured to me. Like this:
http://rockpiles.blogspot.com/2013/09/reader-steve-w-writes-ive-found-two.html

ABSFinacre said...

Thank you.kindly visit us @ Life Insurance Agents in Chennai - Tamil Nadu, India