Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Nephilim Chronicles

The Nephilim Chronicles: Fallen Angels in the Ohio Valley

TURNING MYTH INTO REALITY
     "America's best travel guide to the Indian mounds and earthworks in the Ohio Valley," is a book and a blog: http://thenephilimchronicles.blogspot.com/
 In the older posts I found this photo and caption below:
"The small henge is visible in front of the trees in the background. A big hole is in the center of the work that is presumed to have been left by university archaeologists. The large henge can also be seen in the background. There is no sign to designate this work. Indiana only has money to destroy earthworks, not preserve them."


4 comments :

Geophile said...

Thank you for posting. When Europeans first entered Ohio there were over 50,000 mound complexes. I'm sure there were thousands or tens of thousands in Indiana, too. It is unbelievable to people in the rest of the world that so few of these monuments of America's indigenous past have been preserved.

Henges is the right word--it means a circular ditch and bank, with or without standing stones. When I lived by the Newark Earthworks there were some there and they reminded me of the huge one at Avebury in England. Sad that so many have been destroyed.

That said, I'm a little leery of the Nephilim thing. The idea that there used to be a white race who built the mounds and then were massacred by the Indians was for years used as an excuse for killing Indians wherever they were found, when in fact they were the true mound builders.

Tim MacSweeney said...

I was unaware of this Nephilim thing - I thought they might be a kind of angel, but I didn't look into what that meant...

The Nephilim Chronicles said...

My books are the first to present evidence that the Hopewell were a confederation of Sioux, Iroquois and Cherokee. Tribal legends, linguistic studies and DNA prove it to be true.
However, there was also a migration of the same people who built Stonehenge (Beaker People, Corded People, Dinaric) who built the henges, conical mounds surrounded by a ditch or earthwork, and whose giant remains are found in the Ohio Valley. They eventually were absorbed by the Hopewell.
I have 280 posts on my blog and two books on the topic, read those before giving your uniformed comments about my theories.

Geophile said...

Well, I give you points for at least not asserting it was the Celts.