Monday, March 21, 2011

Sawyer Hill/ Gates Pond - Berlin MA (Introduction)

I should not have postponed exploring this area, mostly conservation land, until now. It is full of rock pile sites and I probably only covered about 1/2 of the woods there.

Saturday, I found an unusual site (A) - where the rock piles seem carefully integrated with unusual geology, connected together with stone walls. Sunday, I went back to explore other areas and found a mound with a hollow and outlier marker piles (B); then climbed the hill [cut off in the picture but also called "Sawyer Hill"] past a scattered collection of single rock-on-rocks (C); and continued on, diligently, to an area behind some farm/orchard buildings where there were crude piles on top of outcrops - supplemented with some dumping from the farm, possibly not ceremonial.

With so much to report, I feel like playing hooky. So I might as well get started. The site at (A) was special and worth more discussion than the rest but I am going to begin by reporting on (C) because of one minor 'lesson' that applies to (A) giving a slightly helpful perspective.

3 comments :

him said...

I might asbobet
well get started

Unknown said...

what a good thought really awesome onesbobet.


Thanks A Lot

Unknown said...

what a good thought really awesome onesbobet.


Thanks A Lot