Friday, February 21, 2014

Equinunk, PA Cairns

Reader John P. writes:

Hi. we live in Equinunk ,PA. along the Delaware River in Northeastern PA.
We found some stone cairns and some more rock formations, they are said to be from 1000 years ago. I have found other sites here with more and also a large area that I have not been able to explore a lot of shelter areas and openings that I can see along a rock ledge.
I am very interested finding out more about the history of these, no one seems to be able to answer.
I have attached some photos, and hope that you may be able to help. I will send a 2nd email with more photos.







3 comments :

pwax said...

Picture #3 is just like one thing I saw on Kezar Hill in northern Shirley.
http://rockpiles.blogspot.com/2011/11/gabes-place-at-western-foot-of-kezar.html

pwax said...

Come to think of it, I also saw them on Codman Hill in Harvard around Xmas.

Anonymous said...

I have found similar formations on my property in Gibsonia Pennsylvania.