Thursday, February 05, 2009

Features behind FFC's house

FFC spent a lot of time this fall measuring the positions of features out behind his house. There are lots of alignments, including stone walls that run in the direction of the winter solstice sunrise. Here is a map of the locations:This map covers about 1/4 mile edge-to-edge. I believe the diagonal lines of features from upper left to lower right are oriented toward the solstice sunrise. Also I should add that there are numerous rock piles all around nearby.

5 comments :

pwax said...

FFC tells me that the map is wrong and he is re-doing it.

Anonymous said...

I too have features behind my home, including a beautiful stand up stone with pointed corners at the top. Also,more features in the woods across the street from my home. FCC has inspired me to map them as well once the snow clears. My land is located at the edge of a swamp and as the crow flies, about 1 mile from some beautiful features in another part of North Smithfield, RI

pwax said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pwax said...

Anonymous: Please send any pictures or maps you can.

Anonymous said...

Will do, I'll look for your e-mail addy on the main page and send you the photo's we've taken. The mapping will follow when the snow clears.