Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Some Nice Rock Piles

I was really looking for some rock piles at Schaghticoke Mtn. (above) when I came across http://picasaweb.google.com/moosevan, Photos by Nick , mostly New York State I think.

This is from Monadnock



A Rock Pile in the water?
And this is Jupiter's Boulder at Black Rock Forest:
A rather testudinate boulder on Peekamoose Mountain (are those hand tools below it?):
And some interesting standing stones at Shawangunk Mtn.

There may be more stones in his galleries; I didn't browse through them all.

And I couldn't copy this one, but it might possibly be the "Tavern Stone" near the Schaghticoke Res, but I'm not sure. So click here for "Cairn on River by Schaghticoke:"
http://cuetalentcomllc.smugmug.com/gallery/460484_RF3p9/1/18611386_G7y8k/Medium

2 comments :

Norman said...

How would one get in touch with the fellow (Nick) who took the photos? The one of the standing stones is intriguing.

Tim MacSweeney said...

I created a picasa acoount and left a comment for Nick...