Friday, March 16, 2012

Bulldozing Rock Piles in St George ME

[Reposting to keep this on top] to whom it mayconcern, my name is Craig Scaccia I reside at 74 Snows point road in, St. George,ME. I've lived here for numerous years. as a kid walking the woods around my lot, I came upon several. what I was told, Indian burial mounds. at this time,a logging company has come in to do what they do. and are driving over and tearing up the mounts as I write this email. I've called the town and had an official come out to talk to the supervisor. who stated that he would be as careful as possible but as dawn broke this AM they began cutting around the mounts hauling off the timber with the skidders. I spoke with the foreman this morning as they were driving over these mounts, and landing trees on them. I feel that these sites need to be preserved ASAP. please help before they are all damaged. my phone number is [CONTACT THIS BLOG FOR THE PHONE # if you can help]

2 comments :

Roslyn said...

One of our Maine NEARA members visited the family, saw the mounds; we will keep on top of the situation.

pwax said...

Great. Also Doug Harris was contacted by FFC.