Thursday, April 19, 2007

East of Willard Brook SF in Lunenburg, MA

Went for a long drive and then ended up not being able to access the woods as I had hoped. So I drove around for a while until I got to a place I could get into the woods, maybe about where the "N" appears in the word "Townsend", and headed east uphill. Mostly it is class B moutain laurel and at one point I spotted a rock pile at the edge of some class C laurel, and managed to get a few pictures. There were maybe five small structures.

Here is a first one with a detail showing some quartz material in an incorporated rock:

And as I dipped into the laurel, here is a second pile with a similar quartz(ite) detail:That was all that was there - three or four very minor piles. There were a few other piles I noticed scattered about on the hill. I made one little video as I headed back down to the car.

No comments :