Monday, April 02, 2007

Why are springs special?

Approaching the west side of a hill looking for rock piles, I saw one rock-on-rock and then my eye was led naturally over to this spot. It is a place where water is coming out of the ground.It looks like it might have been dug out slightly. And you notice the strategically placed rock pile. I cannot imagine this is a coincidence. So what is that pile for? Why is it there? Clearly there is something important about this spring. Based on past experience, I believe there is something important about springs in general.

I think the most sacred things would probably be the most basic: food, water, life, death, the sky, the earth. At a spring, the below-ground world is offering up a refreshement to those of the above-ground world. I suspect there may be some basic energy associated to this. Out in the un-disturbed woods many springs are marked with rock piles.

No comments :