Monday, April 23, 2007

Indian Burial Grounds being associated with rock piles.

Calling rock piles "burial mounds" serves to teach people a lesson. I am not at all convinced this is a good lesson or a right lesson. People who find this blog using Google have started showing up because they have heard something about what is happening in RI. At least that is how I interpet the above screen shot from the sitemeter log of a recent visit. Much as I like the new traffic (and it is noticeable) I think, as a community, we should be aware.

1 comment :

JimP said...

I don't think it's such a big problem. There's certainly plenty of historical evidence that burials/memorials was one purpose Indians built rock piles. What's important for us to stress is that there were a myriad of other reasons as well.