Friday, April 16, 2010

Delaware chamber (NY) - part 2

by theseventhgeneration
At the site of the chamber, this is one of the nicest rock piles. It is behind the chamber, and the outcrop is visible in the background.This boulder has no rocks on top, but does have a very nice profile......and rocks underneath that "chin".Immediately upon seeing this, I thought of this picture from this post.

The runoff from the spring nearby.The source of the spring.Two more unusual structures. The first one is next to where some large machinery went through. I think that the rock in the gap was placed there, but I can't be sure because of all the trail making activity. Maybe it's the lichen on the rock that gives it an older look. I did see an upright stone at the site that looked like a standing stone, but the lack of any lichen and proximity to the trail told a different story. I took a photo, but I'm not posting it because it's, well, dull.This second one has a turtle look to it.Under that propped boulder is a heart rock.I should mention, also, that on the ride over to see the chamber, the road takes you uphill on the south side of a mountain before it cuts through a saddle and goes downhill to where the chamber is located. At approximately 2000 feet in elevation on that south facing slope there are spectacular rock piles everywhere. A number of seasonal homes prohibited me from getting out and taking photos, but maybe this will be a good trip for another day.

5 comments :

pwax said...

Neat! Again, thanks for the report.

theseventhgeneration said...

You're welcome. I'm sure I'll be going back out there. As one site leads to another, this area starts to get right into the heart of the Catskills (the park) so I'm sure there are more sites waiting to be found out there.

pwax said...

It sounds like next up might be those cairns on the way to this chamber.

theseventhgeneration said...

I snapped two pictures without getting out of the car and they came out pretty good. If I could get a better angle, I might get a photo entry for a "most" photo!

pwax said...

Don't forget you can use panorama shots. Or else enter in the single photo without panorama category.