Monday, May 29, 2023

Ceremonial Sites on the way to and from Gold Lake, CO

Went to look for arrowheads up in the mountains in a "gentle valley" in the mountains not far from Boulder CO. On the way there, along Lee Hill Rd, there was a rock pile site at the high point. Private land prevented a good look. Here is what I could see:     

A little crisper:

So that was nice and I wish I could have gotten a better look. 

Then we went by dirt road (lost the County Rd numbers) to Gold Lake. On the way back I noticed this next to the road:

It leaves me with the impression that there are plenty of active Native American ceremonies going on. Here is a place New Englander's might get some insights into rock piling. I think my family was getting tired of my shouting...."wait! stop the car".

No comments :