Thursday, October 15, 2009

Critical Mass and Blogs re-enforcing each other

I link permanently to blogs that are about subjects discussed on this one and am quite pleased Tim MacSweeney found Tispaquin's Revenge (unless contact was made in the other direction first). But more than 1/2 the blogs listed over there on the right of the screen have not changed in at least a year. So the active blogs are getting a bit obscured by the inactive ones - the list could be shortened and it is tempting to remove the inactive ones from the list. Any thoughts?

I feel that the active blogs re-enforce each other. I get a little extra readership from Larry or from Tim and (I believe) they get some extra readers from here. Somewhere along the line we might achieve the kind of critical mass where anyone interested in the outdoors and certain topics would know about all of these blogs. We could rule the world!

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

I think it depends on the content of the inactive blogs.I think they're all making a contribution. If it's directly related to the landscapes that we enjoy seeing and reading about, then it should stay. You never know if a new visitor will check out one of these old blogs and relate to something posted on it causing him/her to come out of the closet so to speak and making a contribution of their own.
Maybe you could put headers. Active Blogs and Inactive Blogs.

pwax said...

Good suggestion. Thanks.

stonepilewhisper said...

I appreciate the link to my blog. Hi Tor Stone Monuments. My blogging has slowed but I still find new sites and post about them when I can. I can tell you that people from my part of the world have found my site with your link and this connection has lead to new discoveries. I understand weeding out sites with little new info but I hope to keep adding to the discussion.

Stonepilewhisper