Friday, July 11, 2014

Old stone tool from the Maine coast


Reader Kae K. writes:

I was reading through your blog, and I thought you might be able to help.  Found this rock on an island shore off the coast of Maine.  I've searched the Internet, but can't find anything cut quite like it.  Perhaps it is natural and no other explanation.  On the other side, there are no black edges or residue like on this side, color is light gray. An inch thick and tapers down. 
Any help would be appreciated. 
More photos here:
http://psalmboxkey.com/hello-world-welcome/aritifact-from-a-maine-island/

1 comment :

Calvert Unearthed said...

Has there been any input on this piece? I have several stones that are very similar in shape that I found on the beaches under the Cliffs in Calvert Co Maryland. I have TONS of things (I believe are stone tool artifacts) that I have collected, but unfortunately I dont know anyone who shares the same interests who can help me sort through and identify my huge collection. I have some pieces uploaded here https://www.flickr.com/photos/calvert-unearthed_fabs/?
I have A LOT more not pictured on Flickr.

Belinda