Saturday, April 01, 2006

Rock-on-rock in front of split rock

I have seen this combination enough times to suspect it might be deliberate: a rock-on-rock aligned with the split in a split rock.I went for a bit of a drive to get to un-explored territory in Bolton. Found a small "brookside" site with rock-on-rock at a rocky swampy place. Pictures are drab because of the light and this photo above was about the only thing of note. This is on Powder House Hill in Bolton if you feel like looking for it. During my walk there were multiple occasions when the random tumble of rocks looked just a wee bit too organized to be natural and I was at pains to decide what was a rock pile and what was not. For example, I am pretty sure this was part of a line of organized rock manipulation:I guess this might also be interesting:
The vertical flake next to a rock is something my friend from Carlisle comments on frequently and which Geophile mentioned the other day.

No comments :