Monday, April 17, 2006

Some geology examples from Stirling

While exploring around in Stirling, as described in my previous post, I came across a couple of examples of use of a rock with some kind of special characteristic. One was a split-wedged rock that had a granite wedge that was covered with reflective micah.
The second was a rock-on-rock where the upper rock had some elongated black crystals in it.
Both these examples are so noticeable, I cannot imagine them not being used quite deliberately.

3 comments :

pwax said...

The black crystal might be tourmaline.

Anonymous said...

hello is it possible for you to tell me the grid references for these two areas as it would would help me very much with some uni work i need to do. thanks

pwax said...

[Noticed that last comment at a (much?) later date] Do you think you could leave some clue about who you are so I could answer your question?