Friday, April 27, 2012

Rock shaped like a mountain

This is a picture of Mt Wachusett from the top of Buck Hill in Fitchburg. 

Would you please take a closer look at this picture? Imagine yourself standing slightly to the right of where the camera was. The rock in the foreground has a high point, a shoulder to the right, and a shoulder to the left. Just like the mountain, the left shoulder is lower than the right shoulder. The idea of a rock shaped like a distant peak has appeared in a couple of places, something earlier about Mt. Shasta and also something I saw on a show about Machu Picchu. It is tempting to imagine this as another example.

My example is at least as good as this one [click hereThis one is sort of a joke. Gosh, here it is again and it is the Machu Picchu example.

Here  (last picture; my interpretation) is the Shasta one, from "Waking Up on Turtle Island".

2 comments :

theseventhgeneration said...

I completely agree with you on this and I think the rock you found is a better example than the Machu Picchu pics. I am not an archeologist, but I have spent a lot of time out in the woods and I have seen this, too, and wondered if it's coincidence or not. One recent example: The big wall at snell, 7th photo down.

This is something I'm going to keep looking for and try to be more diligent in recording finds. However, it would be nice to hear others weigh in, too. Maybe I'm just looking into this too much.

Lisa Cacicia said...

You're right - I too have noticed this sort of thing in Western PA - but thought maybe it was "too on the spot". But now I will beginning to take better notice and better pictures.