Sunday, April 03, 2022

Basic Theses

One thing I am going to be ragging about is the idea that:

Indians built ceremonial structures everywhere. No place was left un-used because they ran out of places to put things.

As I drive west with my wife, I can confirm that every single place we looked had rock piles. They were also in many places we weren't searching: Outside the car in CT, at every open view of the woods, I spotted rock piles. They are ubiquitous. So come on, am I the only person who sees them? 

Another thesis is the "path from the water up the hill" following a path of least resistance. The main site we visited in Woodbridge CT is at the Elderslie Preserve. What becomes obvious is the valley that leads up the hill from below. The ceremonial structure density was highest at the top of this valley.

No comments :