Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Valdimar Samuelsson Cairns

     "Hi all. I have been working on new website on cairns. These are mostly from Iceland and some in Newfoundland and Labrador. My aim is to show how they are similar to New England cairns or in fact all east coast down to Virginia. It is best to check out the Album's one by one. This is still under construction so bear me.The builder of that cairn was Grettir the Strong in early 11 century..."



 https://www.flickr.com/photos/129039150@N07/sets/

1 comment :

Matt Howes said...

Thank you Valdimar Samuelsson & Tim MacSweeney- In the third pic, the photo on the left (from Michigan)- there is also an identical cairn to this in Massachusetts out in a town in Worcester County. I posted about my travels to this site in my blog this October. I may have to re-post my picture and compare it to this news article, if that's okay. Okay, thanks!

-Matt

www.nativenewenglandstones.bolgspot.com