Wednesday, September 22, 2010

More in Wachusett's Shadow - farm structures on Wilson Rd

Drive along Wilson Rd in Princeton, a quiet road on the southern flanks of Wachusett, and you'll see some substantial old foundations and walls, nicely maintained by the current landowners. In one place I had to stop and hop into the bushes for a photo. (I was badly parked but nobody drove by while I was there. ) I hopped into the bushes cuz I thought I saw a large rock pile.It was a two part structure. Here is a closer look at one part that was still in good shape. I figured this for some kind of loading bay.But then, 10 yards away in the woods, what is this for?

2 comments :

Tim MacSweeney said...

Last photo: it looks "springy" at the lower left. How many separate stones make up this one? It's hard for me to see with the brush in the way...

pwax said...

Cannot remember